We have been working with couples for years to help them find wholeness and healing within their relationship during challenging times. We confidently walk with you through the fire and find ways to guide you and your partner so you can experience lasting changes in your relationship. We provide faith-based solutions that have had excellent results with many because we provide effective tools to you and other great solutions as well.
At the end of counseling for couples, around 75% more say their relationship has improved than couples in similar situations that didn’t get counseling.
A number of different techniques are made available through the realms of Christian counseling. The best and most effective methods will be determined by your counselor that will custom fit your situation and your story which is unique to you and your partner.
The most common couples counseling techniques include:
- Gottman Method – Building “love maps” is what this method is all about, Doing so helps you find understanding for your partner’s stresses, hopes, fears, stresses, joys, and background. The ultimate goal is to acquire a connection that is a deeper connection and to raise your appreciation of each other. You will also learn conflict management skills.
- Couples Counseling through the Crucible Approach – This method for counseling couples is revolutionary in that it is geared towards achieving sexual intimacy. Each individual is given the tools needed for personal growth. It also identifies issues that are hindering intimacy within the relationship and offers unique solutions that are designed to last.
- Couples Therapy that is Emotionally-Focused – This type of therapy offers solutions that are real and speedy by setting short-term, substantial goals that involve making changes to repair destructive emotional responses.It promotes the building of a strong and positive emotional connection and also teaches couples how to interact with each other in healthy and productive ways.
- Narrative Therapy – This style of counseling improves communication by allowing each individual in the relationship to tell about their experiences in story (narrative) form. This way of presenting facts and feelings creates some separation between the individual and the problem so feelings are able to be freely expressed without blame or hurting each another or defining one another by mistakes that have been made. Together with a counselor, you and your partner can rewrite the parts of the story that are negative so you real solutions can be reached and you can build the relationship that is desired.
- Psychodynamic Approach – Childhood experiences and other things in our past affect us, often in negative ways. They can influence our relationships too.The psychodynamic approach helps to uncover the issues that are buried away so that they can be worked through to allow change to come and irrational patterns and harmful behaviors can cease.
The Christ-centered couple’s counselors here at Huntington Beach Christian Counseling have a client-focused approach that allows each individual to get exactly what they need to promote true recovery in their relationship.
It’s not easy to create a thriving relationship that will with stand all that comes against it but the process is rewarding and is able to help us flourish and grow in realms we could never imagine.
To find out more about Christ-focused couples counseling in Huntington Beach or to set up an initial risk-free session*, call us today.
Before you throw in the towel on your marriage, do everything possible in order to salvage and restore your relationship. To begin Christian counseling for couples in Huntington Beach, simply reach out to us online or call us at (949) 386-7181.
Get connected with a Christian Counselor
Please contact our reception team at